Thursday, January 06, 2011

"She's got a chicken to ride."

One of the following was overheard at a coffee shop. (Feel free to make it a fantasy or science fiction coffee shop.) Use it to inspire the real story behind the statement or what the effect was on the one who overheard.
  • She's got a chicken to ride.
  • Dead ants are my friends; they're blowin' in the wind.
  • Sleep in heavenly peas.
  • I blow bubbles when you are not here.
  • I'll be your xylophone waiting for you.
  • Baking carrot biscuits.
  • Donuts make my brown eyes blue.
  • Got a lot of lucky peanuts.
  • Just brush my teeth before you leave me, baby.

These are Mondegreens, misheard lyrics. Click on the comments for the original lyrics.

If you liked that, another Mondegreeen prompt is: "I was raised by two lesbians in drag."

1 comment:

Joyce Fetteroll said...

Dead ants are my friends; they're blowin' in the wind.
"The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind.
Blowin' In The Wind, Bob Dylan

Sleep in heavenly peas.
"Sleep in heavenly peace.
Silent Night, Christmas carol

I blow bubbles when you are not here.
"My world crumbles when you are not here.
I Try, Macy Gray

She's got a chicken to ride.
"She's got a ticket to ride.
Ticket to Ride, The Beatles

I'll be your xylophone waiting for you.
"I'll be beside the phone waiting for you.
Build Me Up Buttercup, The Foundations

Baking carrot biscuits.
"Taking care of business.
Takin' Care Of Business, Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Donuts make my brown eyes blue.
"Don't it make my brown eyes blue.
Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue, Crystal Gale

Got a lot of lucky peanuts.
"Got a lot of love between us.
Let's Hang On. Frankie Vallee and the Four Seasons

Just brush my teeth before you leave me, baby.
"Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby.
Angel of the Morning, Juice Newton