Thursday, January 06, 2011

"She's got a chicken to ride."

One of the following was overheard at a coffee shop. (Feel free to make it a fantasy or science fiction coffee shop.) Use it to inspire the real story behind the statement or what the effect was on the one who overheard.
  • She's got a chicken to ride.
  • Dead ants are my friends; they're blowin' in the wind.
  • Sleep in heavenly peas.
  • I blow bubbles when you are not here.
  • I'll be your xylophone waiting for you.
  • Baking carrot biscuits.
  • Donuts make my brown eyes blue.
  • Got a lot of lucky peanuts.
  • Just brush my teeth before you leave me, baby.

These are Mondegreens, misheard lyrics. Click on the comments for the original lyrics.

If you liked that, another Mondegreeen prompt is: "I was raised by two lesbians in drag."
Post a Comment